Thursday, December 12, 2019

GULF FIELD Camporee Song



GULF FIELD CONNECTED Camporee
20-22 Feb 2020

We received the call that we could write a song for the GULF FIELD CAMPOREE 20-22 FEB 2020 and I thought I'd take a chance on it to write a song for the Camporee. Even though a few years back I was singing in a choir and is always singing around the house, this was a hard task to get words matching with rhyme and this being my first attempt in writing a song.
Here I am 2nd from Right in Top Row as member of the Eversdal Primary School Choir we won Gold at the Western Cape Eeistedford - South Africa.
I must confess I thought the fact that I can sing should help me in writing a song "How I was brought back to reality it did not help much" but I am glad I took the chance doing this and I think I may do it again in future. There were times when I wanted to give up and my dad kept saying you never give up and that my Grandfather Dennis Wait use to say to my dad "when you start something you need to pursue and finish it as you never know when it could benefit you".

Me and my sisters with our late Grandfather Dennis
 

My dad said I could feel very proud of myself to be able to write a song at this young age and to be frank, I think I should and be blessed that God provided me with these talents and with God, I can accomplish anything.

The song that I wrote words for CONNECTED has been posted below and the Video will be uploaded here also, I have sent it to Director Gureni who gave me very positive feedback even though my song was not selected as Members of the LIGHTHOUSE Club song was selected, happy for them and glad I did participate at my young age of 10 years old, WATCH this Girl more songs may be coming from my pen.

This was the words of my song to Gulf Field - CONNECTED CAMPOREE Song, I have posted a link to my video on youtube and uploaded it here. You could listen to it by clicking the link or screenshot or go to my youtube and watch the video of my song there to my youtube channel.
                                               https://youtu.be/njpRZg-WeHs

CONNECTED SONG – GULF CAMPOREE
At the gulf, camporee we're connected by the 7 emirates all protected by the faith of God. Every moment is a struggle we get threw but together there’s nothing we can’t do with God by our side cause we are CONNECTED, and with God there’s nothing that can break us down PROTECTED as Jesus, our Lord sacrificed his life for us!!
Chorus:
I feel a CONNECTION and I know that I am not alone. Do you feel the strong CONNECTION, cause every day here we all get more CONNECTED with each other and with God
We begin to help each other as we’re CONNECTED here with each other, can you feel this strong CONNECTION, as we’re CONNECTED by our faith, every day at this lovely camporee, we’ll make our way and we’ll all be CONNECTED, as we thank the Lord for our blessings every day.
Chorus:
I feel a CONNECTION and I know that I am not alone. Do you feel the strong CONNECTION, cause every day here we all get more CONNECTED with each other and with God.
We pray for everyone in a time of need, as we seek the way, and the truth of life, JESUS is the vines and we’re the branches, and be pure in our hearts, we love our God with all our heart, to keep to his word, as we become stronger and believe in our heavenly father.
Chorus:
I feel a CONNECTION and I know that I am not alone. Do you feel the strong CONNECTION, cause every day here we all get more CONNECTED with each other and with God.

And everything else will be just fine, as we are CONNECTED bonding together, as nothing can break our tie with our Lord, connected, CONNECTED from inside.

Designed for Gulf Field CONNECTED CAMPOREE - BY Daleen Wait                 

Feedback from Gureni Lukwaro (Co-Director of Gulf Field):
Hi Daleen,

Thank you very much for submitting your original composition to be considered as the theme song for the upcoming Pathfinder Camporee.

We had a meeting with Pathfinder leaders from various parts of the UAE and considered many submitted songs and a song submitted by two individuals from our Dubai Lighthouse Pathfinder Club in Dubai Creekside Church was selected.

Thank you once again for your submission. Hope this will be the first of more songs that you will write in the future for Jesus.

Have a very blessed day and week. Regards to your family.
Gureni.
__________________________________________________________
Thank you for the positive and motivated words Director Gureni. It really meant alot to me. Maybe we can sing this song at the campfire at the Camporee.
Daleen Wait


2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog Daleen.
    You are doing great and I can see only a very bright future ahead of you.
    Keep writing, composing, singing and shining for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the uplifting and motivating words,Director Gureni looking forward to be in Sharjah Club in 2020.

      Delete